Sunday, February 6, 2011

What Is The Strongestspanx?

Francois Truffaut. Autobiography (2004)

Francois Truffaut. Autobiography / Francois Truffaut. Une autobiographie

Documentary (France, 2004)

Director: Anne Andre
«All my films resemble me. It's like what my temperature or fingerprints ", - he said. Director, screenwriter, film critic and actor Francois Truffaut - one of the key figures of the French "new wave" - a movement of young critics and directors who opposed the authority of classic cinema. In the movie, filmed by French television for the twentieth anniversary death of the great director, the memories of famous actresses who starred in his films - Jeanne Moreau, Catherine Deneuve, Nathalie Baye, Isabelle Adjani, Fanny Ardant, outstanding director Milos Forman and Woody Allen.

film of Francois Truffaut. Autobiography gives us the opportunity to hear the thoughts of the director - The man who created the films, which gave impetus to a new direction not only of cinema, but the whole of modern culture.
Francois Truffaut admitted: "I can not work with material that is far from me. I need to identify ourselves with the fact that I read, noting that I was or could be in the same situation. Without it, I just can not work. I can not say for sure, but offhand, my films autobiographical percent at twenty. Twenty percent comes from newspapers, twenty - the life of my friends, and twenty more - pure fiction. Thus, pure fiction is not much space. I like to compare a movie to life. " But life is so varied ... What exactly are interested in a director? - "I only care about human relationships. Sometimes I make films about children, then I am interested in for children and parents. And I usually make films about relationships, men and women. "




really that simple? How does reputation as a pioneer, the creator new cinematic trends, a new cinematic language? And this question Truffaut gives his answer: "His movies I was never going to make a revolution in a movie or look for a new language, unlike the language of its predecessors. I always thought that the movie - it's great, but it often lacks sincerity and we must do the same thing, only better "- said Francois Truffaut.
The film about the director remembered by those who knew him, admired and truly appreciated. First all his colleagues, for example, Steven Spielberg, Truffaut had invited for the role of a scientist, an expert on UFOs in his movie "Close Encounters of the third degree: "In Truffaut felt some kind of wonderful innocence and purity. In his films, in my opinion, there is almost childlike sensibility, acuteness of perception. " Director Woody Allen: "The originality and freshness of the paintings by Francois Truffaut was that they carried a stamp of his personality. We have not seen before in U.S. films with strong strong personality. Only commercial cinema, designed for the general public. His tapes different audience, albeit a small but very faithful. " Remember the great film director and actress, who starred with him, in particular, Natalie Bai: "I am always surprised and embarrassed that he is not afraid to get done what he wanted. His relationship with me, it seemed painful. "





Why is it such a hurry? At this myself Francois Truffaut says: "Life is temporary by definition. She is always moving toward completion. Its first half - the rise and then begin the destruction. When making films about human feelings, to speak about the pain and loss. On the contradiction between our desire for eternity and the reality in which all the passing. "













Alfred Hitchcock and Truffaut

Francois Truffaut and actor Jean-Pierre Leo. Photo Richard Avedon


Jean-Luc Godard and Francois Truffaut


Claude Lelouch, Jean-Luc Godard and Francois Truffaut












Jacqueline Byss and Truffaut in the movie "American Night"




Francois Truffaut and Fanny Ardan


Francois Truffaut and Julie Christie in the movie "Fahrenheit 451"





















   

   

 

 

   

       





LINKS:

Francois Truffaut - Article Wikipedia

François Truffaut

Francois Truffaut. Interview Pierre Biyyaru, 1964

Francois Truffaut. An interview with Cahiers du Cinema, 1980

Francois Truffaut and Antoine Doinel. Two men, one lives

Francois Truffaut. "On a trend in French cinema." An article for Cahiers du Cinema, 1954

Quote. Francois Truffaut, Jacques Tati film about

Hitchcock / Truffaut
- Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment